FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nested Movie will NOT gotoAndPlay

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Jones
Nested Movie will NOT gotoAndPlay
on Feb 2, 2007 at 7:47:34 pm

I have created an 8 scene flash project and have placed in one of the scenes a USA Map(Map is a Flash Movie in my library)and it plays fine. Once the movie plays out, I put "gotoAndPlay("Scene5","Menue Return")as an action script in last frame of the "USA Map" Movie so that it will go back to a desired scene (Scene 5).

It is not doing this! I assume it is because it is a nested flash movie and will not act outside of that timeline.

Is there a way I can tell the timeline to jumb back to the main timeline?

Thanks,
-mj

Return to posts index

Michael Jones
Re: Nested Movie will NOT gotoAndPlay
on Feb 2, 2007 at 7:51:26 pm

Also, Strange thing is, it works in the program with "Enable Simple Frame Actions" On! When I "Test Movie" it does not work.

Return to posts index

madmac66
on Feb 2, 2007 at 8:07:23 pm

this has ben the bain of my life since Flash5...just have to find one of several workarounds to trigger the play() action. Use nextFrame() and a play() on THAT frame, use currentFrame + 1 or similar. Think about ways to trick Flash into doing what you want.

however, if there is a fix for this I dont know I would love to hear it coz this kills me once a month...

cheers
mm66

Return to posts index

Michael Jones
on Feb 2, 2007 at 9:16:24 pm

The nested movie is interactive - moving from frame to frame for different map views - controled by some buttons. If there is no button activity the move has placed timers in it to time out. So when the nested movie times out, I want to make the Scene containing the movie to move on to another frame.

Return to posts index

Sher Ali
on Feb 3, 2007 at 4:45:01 am

this is just matter of paths. I mean, if you have attached the following code:

gotoAndPlay("Scene5","Menue Return")

to a keyframe of a nested movieclip, then you also have to tell flash in which timeline it should gotoandplay a specific frame or scene etc.

in your case you want to go to the Scene5 which is on the _root timeline, so the correct code snippet will be:

_root.gotoAndPlay("Scene5","Menue Return");

------------------------
Sher Ali
http://www.webeyestudio.com

Return to posts index

madmac66
on Feb 6, 2007 at 3:09:34 pm

well i wish it were that easy. That is how it is documented and the way it is SUPPOSED to behave. But whether it is the Mac version of Flash or some other variable involved (not an AS variable mind you) but I have had numerous occasions since Flash5 that gotoAndXXXX does not behave as expected and some ridiculous workaround is needed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]