FORUMS: list search recent posts

Active X Workaround Making my Pages Blip

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
GnA Productions
Active X Workaround Making my Pages Blip
on Jan 4, 2007 at 5:59:44 am

Alright...so im building a site......and because of the Active X buisness with IE......I've had to use a workaround, so you don't need to activate any flash eliments to use them. But Before I put that in there...I had a nice site, that didn't blip between pages and such. I've supplied the link below, so you can see what I mean. All the other pages transition seemlessly....But when you go to the "ART" tab.....the background..everything....blips......Is there any way I can get rid of this...WITHOUT having to remove the workaround for the active x?

http://www.jennrepp-photography.com/v2/

Return to posts index

thumbslinger
Re: Active X Workaround Making my Pages Blip
on Jan 10, 2007 at 6:19:12 pm

I'm not sure what you're seeing. All the pages from the tab 'blip' for me because you're using basic links to another html page instead of navigating within Flash.

But, clicking on the actual images and then the thumbnails seem to work fine.

It's rare one doesn't get some kind of blip when using straight html to link to another page. However, that's usually related to your internet connection and whatever kind of server/upload speed the page is being delivered with.

Here at my office we have a T1 but there are blips on some sites because the machines are not serving via an uplink that can feed us data as fast as we can take it. But, there are some where it's extremely minimal because of browser caching and speed combined.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]