FORUMS: list search recent posts

creating a .mov file for YOUTUBE out of a Flash MX2004 .swf file with sound

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ForceField
creating a .mov file for YOUTUBE out of a Flash MX2004 .swf file with sound
on Dec 7, 2006 at 12:41:08 am

Hi everybody - not a Flash expert here, this one could be tricky - I hope not!

I made a Flash animation with sfx and voiceover using Flash MX2004. I want to upload this animation to YouTube, although they do not accept any Flash format, as I'm sure you know.

I considered exporting the animation as a .png sequence and then exporting it from AfterEffects, but I have sound effects and voiceovers in place for lipsyncing, etc.

Exporting from Flash as a Quicktime file wouldn't work, as I have some looped animations saved as movie clips, which do not 'show' in a Quicktime render. I also - stupidly- updated my Quicktime, and get error messages saying it can't export from Flash. In the past, though, I have lost a lot of the looped animations, the file looks very static.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this YouTube specific issue?

Thanks - I REALLY appreciate any help.

Return to posts index

Matt Klundt
Re: creating a .mov file for YOUTUBE out of a Flash MX2004 .swf file with sound
on Dec 8, 2006 at 3:41:30 pm

Sounds like you need screen recording software. Unless you want to reanimate the whole thing (in Flash or in stills).

Camtasia offers a free trial, you could try (http://www.techsmith.com/download/trials.asp). There are also other options, such as SWFtoVideo, Macromedia Captivate, and others I'm not aware of. I have little to no experience with any of them, so I'd look around at what others suggest.

Matt
--------------------
http://www.mcquillendesign.com
http://www.mattfoxgames.com

Return to posts index

Ryan - R2
Re: creating a .mov file for YOUTUBE out of a Flash MX2004 .swf file with sound
on Dec 13, 2006 at 12:20:37 am

I was going to recommend Camtasia as well. It works great for what you're describing.

I've made a ton of animations in flash that were then used for videos and I've used Camtasia almost exclusivly mostly because of the control you get when you make the animations have user feedback for timing etc.

You can export a video straight from Flash. Go to File > Export > Export Movie. Under the format options select whatever it is you want to export to. If you have quicktime Pro installed you can export directly to .mov format.

The problem with this method is you lose some of your pacing, and I'm not sure how well it works with sound. You'll have to experiment with it. On the plus side, you won't need to purchase or download anything new to test it out.

Let me know how well this works for you, because it would save me some time instead of having to capture all my .swf's with camtasia every time.

Good Luck!

Ryan C Davidson
PBJS
Seattle, WA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]