FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to get quicktime with audio from flash??

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
how to get quicktime with audio from flash??
on Dec 4, 2006 at 11:17:04 pm

I'm using flash 8 and need to get a quicktime movie with audio but keep getting silent movies...

When i export as swf it has sound.

In Export, I went into the flash panel and disabled audio stream and audio event, and left the two boxes "override sound settings" and "export device sounds" unchecked.

In the Quicktime panel i tried by both exporting with the Streaming Sound: Use Quicktime Compression OFF and ON but no sound in either cases.

Suggestions/solutions would very much appreciated..

Return to posts index

Matt Klundt
Re: how to get quicktime with audio from flash??
on Dec 5, 2006 at 3:30:44 pm

If you enable both your audio stream and audio event, does your Quicktime export with them?

Any actionscript in a Flash document (i.e. Sound objects) will not transfer to Quicktime from Export. You need a different application to capture that, such as Camtasia or SwfToVideo.

Return to posts index

Re: how to get quicktime with audio from flash??
on Jan 5, 2007 at 9:23:52 am

oh absolutely WOW. i was having this same issue and just as i was about to post my own question, i stumbled onto the solution - YEAH! i thought i would post the solution for the benefit of others. i checked / fixed the following in the process of troubleshooting and based on recommendations from other posts:

i am using .aif sound files (although mp3s work well too)
checked the sound path (made sure the sound was where flash thought it was)
placed the sound on frames in the timeline, instead of attaching with actionscript

i used the following sound publish settings:

audio stream: disabled (will not allow publish with this active)
audio event: mp3, 24kbps, mono
override sound settings: enabled
export device sound: disabled

use quicktime compression:
compressor - none
rate - 44100
size - 16 bit
use - mono

BUT i was still having problems. then on a hunch i checked one more thing: in the properties inspector for the sound in the timeline. i had not changed the sync setting so it was still set to event as this is the default. change the sync property in the inspector to stream, not event. the sound exported in the quicktime perfectly. also note: for this to work, you must stretch the timeline out to accommodate the length of the sound. hope this helps someone else. thanks, rebecca

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved