Import SWF using nested animations using graphics symbols into After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
madamblahblah
Import SWF using nested animations using graphics symbols into After Effects
on Oct 23, 2006 at 7:58:37 pm

Hi,
I'm using flash 8.

Has anyone out there tried to make a flash animation with multiple nested animations on the main timeline using graphic symbols, and imported it to After Effects and exported as video successfully?

I am seeking reassurance that this method will work before applying it to my project.

My project is animation for video/web made in flash and the plan is to take it into after effects where the sound and video output is of higher quality.

Unfortunately i cannot test yet as only have access to after effects later on in prod schedule.

Thank you loads.
confused squid
:S

For anyone who is interested in the weirdness of flash....

I had a weird day where i found out that movieclips nested in animations wouldn't work if exported as video. SHOCK HORROR.. i was ready to cry.. however at least all i had to do was change every single mc to a graphic symbol, or get purchase swf2video. Weirdly enough they did work when i exported my flash animation as quicktime and played it. Weirdly enough those nested movieclips even worked in Adobe Premier 6.. and even more weirdly when i exported from Adobe Premier to avi.

After reading up, i expected only the SWF using nested graphic symbols to work. The only difference was that the frame rate was too slow on the AVI using nested movie clips. For some reason.. Oh well, maybe one day i'll find out..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]