FORUMS: list search recent posts

FLV Preloader

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
FLV Preloader
on Oct 12, 2006 at 6:13:12 pm

I have an Flash 8 SWF file that contains a FLV Playback Player 8 which loads an external FLV.

My problem, I need some sort of custom preloader animation or progress bar that will be activated while the video is buffering until it starts to play.

Right now the SWF preloader works fine, the SWF loads real quickly because it doesn't contain much besides the Player (50K).

Currently the timeline hits the player and starts downloading the video it can take several seconds while the video is buffering before it plays.

The video is high quality, large format, (several megs) so the bufferTime is set high at about 10 seconds.

Setting the buffer time any shorter and the movie will play faster than it can download and result in stalling out on slower connections.

Please if there is any help you can provide to fix this promblem it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - k

Return to posts index

Re: FLV Preloader
on Feb 23, 2007 at 4:43:17 pm

I added a eternal flv, to a sfw using only Actionscript, the thing is that i want to add a buffering bar, so i use the playback custom UI putting the buffering bar in the stage, tehm i put this code in actions:
video_externo.bufferingBar = bufferingBar_mc;
i don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved