FORUMS: list search recent posts

looking for a tutorial.. only one problem

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Saeed Faridzadeh
looking for a tutorial.. only one problem
on Sep 26, 2006 at 4:43:37 am

I have no idea what this THING is called.
You've all seen it. You have a cluster of icons down below, and the closer you move the mouse to the left, the faster the icons will move to the right, and vice versa. I know there are tutorials out there, I just can't remember what this is called.

a slider? a scrollbar?

also an extra little feature would be to have the icons raise when the cursor is over them, like the OSX dock. But I think I can get that with a movie rollover actionscript. But one step at a time.

Return to posts index

lajoiet
Re: looking for a tutorial.. only one problem
on Sep 26, 2006 at 11:02:26 am

Lee Brimelow did a tutorial on this here on the Cow, It's called the Scrolling Thumbnail Panel ( http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/page_wrapper.cgi?forumid=190&page=htt... )

As for getting the Icons to enlarge when you're near them, the mc.onRollover will get you close, but to really make it work/look like the Mac OSX Dock, you need to use a proximity code, since the icons actually start getting larger before you roll over the icons. I'm pretty sure Lee also did a tutorial on Proximity, but I don't see it here on the Cow, and his site is in the process of moving to a new server, so many of the tutorials are missing.

>Todd

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]