FORUMS: list search recent posts

Swfs from HD Uncompressed QTimes

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
aaron sheddrick
Swfs from HD Uncompressed QTimes
on Sep 14, 2006 at 12:26:09 am

How do I get swfs at 1366x768 to look great and play full screen on a Plasma screen without stutter. This is coming from HD Uncompressed video content, not Vector GFX.

Heres the catch...

The video must start at a 555x312 dimension; which when you click on goes full screen (1366x768).

I can't use progress bars...

and It cant be streaming.

The client wants it to play smooth, not look bitsy, and download quickly.

Any ideas? Any Suggestions?

Return to posts index

Re: Swfs from HD Uncompressed QTimes
on Sep 14, 2006 at 9:01:09 am

Tell the client to get real ....

High quality Hi Def at present is probably best served as a QT H.264 file or a .wmv HD file using their V9 codecs - and played back from hard disc or DVD ROM on a very fast system with graphics acceleration ... I doubt whether Flash video is up to this as yet. If you can control playback in just one place e.g. for a demo, trade show etc, then 's V7 codec + proprietary (free) media player might be of interest to you.

Good luck

Return to posts index

Roman Flute
Re: Swfs from HD Uncompressed QTimes
on Oct 10, 2006 at 5:54:25 am

Why are you using FLV/Flash? Agree with the previous post... Is this for a digitial signage project? Most the systems I work with - are MPEG2/4 or WMV based, so we can still push content remotely via FTP - but it all plays locally. Not even off of a computer - small boxes built for this stuff - like adtec. The on2 thing is kinda cool - been playing with that for approvals and such. But most the main gear for my stuff is WMV, MPEG2/4 or QT. Now I do use FLV and stuff for kiosk work - but that is some big real estate on your large version...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved