FORUMS: list search recent posts

scrubbing scene with updated movie clips

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jslabaug
scrubbing scene with updated movie clips
on Sep 13, 2006 at 10:05:26 pm

I am trying to view a movie clip i have made with animation in it in the main scene. is it possible to view the current frame of the movie clip as you scrub the timeline instead of just the first frame? i realize you can see the animation when you command+enter preview but i don't understand why i can't see the updated frame when scrubbing the timeline. an explaination would be appreciated. thanks!

oh and i'm using Flash 8, the trial version.

Return to posts index

Sher Ali
Re: scrubbing scene with updated movie clips
on Sep 14, 2006 at 2:28:58 pm

Yes, of course you can do this. Try this

Select the movieclip and open the properties panel, there is a
dropdown menu named instance behavior, by default it says MovieClip
as you have selected the movieclip, change it to graphics. Now scrub
through the timeline and see all the frames instead of one, later on
change it back to MovieClip

Sher Ali
http://www.webeyestudio.com

Return to posts index

jslabaug
Re: scrubbing scene with updated movie clips
on Sep 14, 2006 at 6:21:44 pm

hmmm...

thanks for the help. now i'm getting some strange results. i changed the MCs to graphics and changed the play single frame to play once and it plays through wherever i don't have any keyframing. However where i have fade ups and outs, for example, it still doesn't update. Any more suggestions? thanks

also on a side note, is there an easier way to keyframe animation into objects closer to after effects? i keep running into the problem of wanting to change the animation of an object after i've gone ahead and put in fade ups and outs and then i have to remove the fades in order to reset the animation over the entire life of the object. After effects allows manipulation of each animated attribute individually. Anyway to do this kind of thing would be great. thanks.

Joel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]