FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a DVD from Flash Movies

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eriqneedshelp
Creating a DVD from Flash Movies
on Sep 13, 2006 at 8:30:54 am

I am making a Reel DVD of 6 movies from my studio, all of which were made before I was brought on board.
2 of the movies are live action and I have the quicktime versions of these. They play, encoded and burned fine.
The other 4 movies are Flash animation films. I had the animator export quicktime version of each of these movies for me.

When I bring the qt format, flash movies into iDVD they look and sound perfect in the preview. Once I burn, the flash movies come out without sound. The live action films run fine.

I tried exporting the sound seperately and then bringing both the audio and video files into FCP, then exporting these together as an uncompressed QT. This resolves the sound issues, but now the animation timeing is completely off.

I searched through this forum for previous advice. Previous postings recommended a screen capture or capturing off a 2nd monitor. I don't have the hardware to capture off a 2nd monitor. I tried a screen capture with Screentool 2.0.3 but so far the quality is faily poor.

I also read that exporting as an uncompressed AVI will convert well to DVD. Does anyone have any advice or recomendations about AVI format? thanks.

I'm sure there is a better, cleaner workflow to get Flash movies onto a DVD than a screen capture. Any help? Thank you.

I am working on OSX by the way.

Return to posts index

Roman Flute
Re: Creating a DVD from Flash Movies
on Oct 10, 2006 at 5:45:30 am

I have had good luck - up until QT7 with exporting 30FPS or 24FPS QTs out of Flash. But for some reason - since QT7 came out - no longer works. Guess the axed the codec - haven't seen much info on it. Workflow was Flash export QT (have to set your settings to Flash 5 and there is some Actionscript issues - but straight animations are fine) and then into After Effects where I would convert to whatever I needed for output- either AVID codec or DV codec. Then convert to Mpeg2 and AC3. I still have a system here at QT 6.5 and it works - but AE - only shows the audio - no video channel. Other than that - I use a card going to a deck like you mentioned.

Roman

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]