FORUMS: list search recent posts

FLV combining two frame rates

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
speechmasters
FLV combining two frame rates
on Sep 9, 2006 at 4:59:33 am

Is there anyway to combine two FLV files (of different frame rates) into one SWF? Here is why: I have a great many slide-shows on my DVD source, that are each introduced with a short 12-second animation. I want to capture these slide shows into MOV at 1 second frame rate, and then encode them into flash also at 1fps. This creates a great economy of file size, and they play fine. The only problem is the short animation intro to each show, which needs to keep its native 30fps in order to look right. Any way to combine these?

Return to posts index

lajoiet
Re: FLV combining two frame rates
on Sep 10, 2006 at 11:45:12 am

If you play the FLVs as externaly loaded files using the NetStream method as shown in Lee Brimelow's tutorials here on the cow, the FLVs framerate is independed of the SWF's framerate.

>Todd

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

speechmasters
on Sep 10, 2006 at 10:30:38 pm

Note: Admin: Cow video tutorials are not playing. I got only one title to play, Creative Motion. All the others gave me an Error page. (Tried both Safari and Firefox after logging in.)

Do you know which of Lee's videos covers NetStreaming? I could also use a tutorial in basic instructions on client-side setting up connecting to FMS.

Return to posts index

lajoiet
on Sep 11, 2006 at 3:07:32 pm

Lee's Video Basics series covers using the NetStream method to play FLVs. Start with the first one, and just go through them until you have all the features you need. I'm not sure, but I think using the FLV Playback Component should also keep the FLV's framerates independent of the timeline, but I haven't used the component in a long time, so I can't be sure...

Sorry, can't help you with FMS, never used it myself, but you might want to look into that first, since Lee's tutorials cover using the NetStream for Progressive Downloads, rather than the true streaming that happens with FMS, I don't know the exact diffeerences, but the code is slightly different.

>Todd

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]