FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash video flipback problem

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Flash video flipback problem
on Sep 5, 2006 at 3:38:43 am

I produce daily video blog reports using Flash video as the basic delivery. For most of our thousands of viewers, Flash works fine. But we have gotten a handful of complaints over the past couple of months that the movie will play for some period of time, anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or more, and then jump back to the beginning. I've tried troubleshooting with several viewers who have experienced this, but there don't appear to be any common denominators. They're usually on broadband connections, some on newer machines and some on older machines, and don't seem to have trouble viewing videos on Flash-based sites like YouTube. Some are on Macs, others are on PCs.

You can see the videos at our site--Hot Air--in the slot at the top marked "Hot Air TV." If you have some idea about what's causing this and how I might fix it, I'd appreciate hearing it. For the record, I'm using Sorenson Squeeze 4.3 for Flash to create the Flash files from uncompressed, 30fps 360x240 widescreen Quicktimes rendered in After Effects 6.5. The specs for the Flash files are 364k video, 12 fps, 2-pass VBR, 360x240 widescreen, 22khz audio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved