FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mouse Over effect

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TweenGuy
Mouse Over effect
on Aug 23, 2006 at 9:39:35 am

Hi all
I have 12 movieclips (basically pictures) on my stage and I would like to create scaling based effect like this. As soon as user moves mouse over a specific movie clip, the size of that clip gets bigger, and the adjacent four clips (to,bottom,right,left) also get slightly enlarged but smaller than the one which has mouse over it. And as soon as user moves his mouse out of that over clip, the size should gradually scaled down (sort of liquid effect) and the same happens to four adjacent clips.

May be I have not given you a much clear picture of my requirement but I guess, you will understand what I am looking for.

I beleive, these self contained movie clips will be sort of button instances, and there will be some action script behind those buttons or what? I am lost here, pls help.

Return to posts index

sbparke
Re: Mouse Over effect
on Aug 23, 2006 at 6:38:51 pm

there are better examples out there, but this is probably something like what you want

http://polyextrude.com/tutorials/samples/scriptedScale2.html

Return to posts index

TweenGuy
on Aug 24, 2006 at 11:50:12 am

Thank you very much. This site also has some other excellent tutorials and the effect link you specified is the same I was looking for.

Just curious to know one more thing is that the first sentence on this scaling effect page says that it uses trignometry, whereas there is no sin, cos, atan sysntax used in the coding. Sorry, but I am week in maths/trignometry as my education background is from commerce.

Return to posts index

sbparke
on Aug 25, 2006 at 2:21:23 am

yeah, hes got some really nice tutorials, a very talented guy in all forms of digital art (especially 3d). i was lucky enough to has him as a college professor. math certainly isn't my strong point either, but it doesn't look like the code uses trigonometry to me either. not sure what to tell you there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]