FORUMS: list search recent posts

Web noob question...

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
abie silva
Web noob question...
on Aug 11, 2006 at 7:38:33 pm

I have just created my first site! Woohoo! Thanx to Total Training. The site was primarily created in Dreamweaver and is mostly just images and links, not very much HTML. Anyway, the site is online and I noticed that it takes a little while for all the elements to appear. I was wondering if it were appropriate to create a loader for this particular situation. Which brings me to my question. Is it possible to create a flash loader for a dreamweaver site? If not how do I go about resolving this dilema and if I can create a loader, can someone tell where online I can go to learn to make one. The website is actually for my wife's interior design business; here is the link...

I really appreciate the help, thanx.

Return to posts index

Re: Web noob question...
on Aug 14, 2006 at 10:43:02 pm

Well, that's almost all HTML! Unless there is something I'm missing, it's probably just related to the server the site actually resides on.

I'm on a G5 dual 2.5ghz and a fat i-net connection and they draw in slower than I would think so it could just be that.

Be sure any images that are the same from page to page are being reused...that their name doesn't change from page to page. That will help with some caching.

Preloaders are really only used for multi-media files and usually, that means .swf files. In your case, everthing is just images and html so a loader wouldn't provide anything unless you adapt the entire site to Flash.

In the old days, a trick used to be to place a couple of images that the user would eventually see at 1 x 1 pixels at the bottom of a page so that they got cached up front. Then, when it came time to view the images at 100% of size, the browser rendering machine could pop them in.

Nowadays though, I don't know if that still holds true with the various browsers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved