FORUMS: list search recent posts

FLV audio distortion on OS X

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lewisson
FLV audio distortion on OS X
on Aug 2, 2006 at 9:16:28 am

Hi!

I have a problem with audio and FLV movies. We use a swf player that loads an external FLV file. This problem occurs no matter if I encode it with Cleaner, Flash Video Encoder or directly from Final Cut Pro (well, it's the same encoder anyway).

If you go to this link: http://doit.medfarm.uu.se/index.php?id=flvplayer/index&module=tlc&video=1 you'll find the movie. The original doesn't have distorted sound. If I play this on a windows computer it's fine. But when I try this on a OS X computer the audio sounds distorted (it sounds like digital audio when it goes beyond the range on a VU-meter).

I've tried this with flash player version 8 and 9, on 2 different windows boxes, 2 different G5 PowerMac and one MacBook Pro. And all the OS X versions have problems playing this FLV file without audio distortion. I've tried different bit-rates, different sample rates and different movies and the problem is consistent.

Does anyone have a clue what wrong with audio and OS X? Or am I the only one experiencing this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

ronaldo
Re: FLV audio distortion on OS X
on Aug 2, 2006 at 6:16:44 pm

it's not a great on-site recording (and i don't know what the original sounds like) but it doesn't seems seem noticeably distorted here on 10.3.9-dual G4 with safari browser, flash 8 installed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]