FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why did my speedlines not disappear when frames were made into a movie clip?!

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
supersillysquid
Why did my speedlines not disappear when frames were made into a movie clip?!
on Aug 1, 2006 at 12:51:11 pm

I made an animation on several layers with sound, motion guide and no actions. The bit i have a problem is that a character's speedlines don't disappear when i converted my whole animation into a movieclip.

I checked it by testing and publishing as swf, exe and also quicktime.

The visuals and and movement are totally fine in these formats.

Then i thought i'd try converting the frames into a single movie clip as apparently this reduces file size.

Using exactly the same fla file, i converted the frames into the movie clip published the result as swf, exe and also quicktime.

Weirdly, in all of these formats the speedlines don't disappear where they are supposed to. I didn't change anything on the timeline and before i converted them into a movie clip, they disappeared most obediently. i scrub along the timeline and on the correct frame i have deleted the graphic.

So why does it stay allthe way till the end of the movie?

Anyone have a similar problem?

Advice greatly appreciated..

Return to posts index

Mike_S
Re: Why did my speedlines not disappear when frames were made into a movie clip?!
on Aug 1, 2006 at 1:06:07 pm

Are the speedlines in a separate clip, which is looping rather than playing once ..?

Return to posts index

supersillysquid
Re: Why did my speedlines not disappear when frames were made into a movie clip?!
on Aug 1, 2006 at 1:19:52 pm

The speedlines are drawn frame by frame on a layer of their own. I keep checking them on the timeline and they definitely disappear like they are supposed to.

Nothing on the main timeline is a movie clip. I just selected the whole lot and pasted it as a new movie clip. When i dragged it in from the library i removed the other frames except frame one. I suppose i could try selecting all but the speedlines layer and putting the movie clip on top of that. Not sure if that kind of thing works.

Since i checked, the Quicktime version of the result after the movie clip conversion is 312 KB and the one where i just left it as the original was only 277 KB! so i might as well not bother with movie clips...

Would be interesting to know exactly what happened though as it's weird.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]