FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need help with a dynamic photo gallery!

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
HalifaxMediaManiac2334
Need help with a dynamic photo gallery!
on Jul 13, 2006 at 2:27:59 pm

Hello,

Just need some help sourcing out tutorials, samples, etc. to resemble the gallery on this site: http://www.thebecker.com. I am building a website for a client that would like the site all in flash. Its a basic porfolio site for a photographer and he really likes the way the galleries layout on the above site.

I am not that familiar with dynamic galleries in flash but am very savvy all around. Could someone help me find a way to do this?

Thanks,

Jeffrey Coleman
Sandbox Multimedia Solutions
Halifax, Nova Scotia
jeff@sandboxstudios.ca

Return to posts index

lajoiet
Re: Need help with a dynamic photo gallery!
on Jul 13, 2006 at 4:52:54 pm

That is a VERY advanced flash site, not that it is overly difficult, but there is an awful lot going on. I'm guessing you're going to need to be proficient in using XML data loaded into arrays, and and timing events for masking and button actions to keep the content working. I would strongly suggest you look to start smaller in your project and work towards a goal such as this.

>Todd

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

HalifaxMediaManiac2334
Re: Need help with a dynamic photo gallery!
on Jul 13, 2006 at 10:12:41 pm

Thanks for the reply Todd.

I am very proficient with just about all forms of programming, but I'm a master of none, lol. I am comfortable with xml and so on, what I am looking for is a template or tutorial to work from... I don't have the time to start such a thing from scratch. I realize my example is one of an extremely complex site and thereofr need something to jump start the process.

If you have any ideas, please let me know.

Cheers,

Jeffrey Coleman
Sandbox Multimedia Solutions
Halifax, Nova Scotia
jeff@sandboxstudios.ca

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]