FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I avoid recompressing audio?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
How do I avoid recompressing audio?
on Jul 10, 2006 at 1:00:35 am

I have seen some discussions on this -- but no final answer.

My source .flv file has good MP3 audio with no discernable problems. But after I export my .swf and html files I'm getting "hits" in the audio on playback. I have read that I should be able to check a box in a dialogue window to "use imported mp3 quality." But that check box doesn't show up in the dialogue window where I set audio settings. Can someone please tell this Flash newbie where can I find it? (I have unchecked the "compress movie" checkbox but that didn't solve my audio problem.)

What I'm looking for is a way to make the final Flash move use the original MP3 audio and not do any recompressing, which appears to be causing these hits.

Return to posts index

Re: How do I avoid recompressing audio?
on Jul 10, 2006 at 1:58:53 am

The best option is to keep your FLV as an external file, not imported into the SWF file. You should be able to do this using either the FLVPlayback component or the NetStream methods described in Lee Brimelow's tutorials.

Failing that, I'd check what the MP3 bitrate is set to in the publish settings and set them to at least match the settings of the FLV file.

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved