rollover problems

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly
rollover problems
by
on Jul 4, 2006 at 8:19:36 am

Hi guys

I wonder if you can help, if you have a look at my website ( http://www.movethecursor.co.uk ) I am having problems with the rollout state of the graphics. If you run your cursor fast over the defined hit area then the graphic can sometimes 'get stuck' and rather than go-to and play the fade-out movie, it stays visible. Is there a way stop this?

Any help would be really gratefully received.

Cheers

Olly

Return to posts index

lajoiet
Re: rollover problems
on Jul 4, 2006 at 3:03:52 pm

It might help to see how you've coded the rollovers to see what's causing this. Have you got all your code on one frame or are you coding on your movie clips?

>Todd

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

Olly
by
on Jul 5, 2006 at 10:02:19 am

Hi Todd

Ok, the code is attached to a button (each button is on a separate layer) so for example; on one of the buttons I have attached a code saying - on rollover "HKWP".play(2) - (this references a movie clip where frame 2 is the rollover state and I have attached a stop action to the frame) then I have said - on rollout "HKWP".play(3) - (this references the same movie clip where frame 3 plays a fade out and I have attached a goto and play frame 1 at the end of this movie clip (frame 1 is blank and has a stop action attached here).

Many thanks

Olly

Return to posts index

lajoiet
on Jul 5, 2006 at 1:22:36 pm

So what's probably happening is when you rollover it quickly, you're actually rolling out before it gets to the frame with the rollout code. I'd suggest you code on your main timeline instead of on your buttons or put the code in your buttons on one frame that covers all of the frames in the button's timeline.

Return to posts index

Olly
by
on Jul 5, 2006 at 4:41:17 pm

Thanks mate, though I am a little lost.

My button (which is on the main timeline) serves only as a hit area, and the code is on that button not within the button. Does this still cause the same problems? Can I send you some screen shots so you could have a look?

Huge thanks

Olly

Return to posts index

lajoiet
on Jul 5, 2006 at 11:13:37 pm

Screenshots would be OK, but it would be a bigger help if you could post your FLA somewhere so I can see how everything is reacting together.

>Todd

Return to posts index

Olly
by
on Jul 6, 2006 at 8:35:39 am

No probs, do you have an email or an FTP I can upload it to.

Many thanks for this

Olly

Return to posts index

lajoiet
on Jul 6, 2006 at 12:00:26 pm

If you go to beta.yousendit.com, you can enter in your e-mail address (or any giberish that looks like an e-mail address) and click "choose" to select your file (up to about 1GB, so if you wanted you could Zip everything together) and click send. When it's done uploading the file it will give you a link for it to be downloaded from. Post that link here and I can download it.

>Todd

Return to posts index

Olly
by
on Jul 6, 2006 at 1:51:43 pm

Thanks mate

Here is the link

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=EBBBF46772686D73

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]