FORUMS: list search recent posts

how do you create a password protected link????

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
how do you create a password protected link????
on Jun 27, 2006 at 4:38:02 pm

Hi there...I would like to create a link to a password protected file. for example, when you click on the button, you should be prompted to enter a password. if you enter the correct password, you can download the PDF. if not, you get an error message. Can anyone lead me in the right direction, good tutorial....a code, etc. ??? any help would be appreciated. This is all i need to complete my project, and i'm programmer-less! argh......

Return to posts index

Re: how do you create a password protected link????
on Jun 30, 2006 at 8:43:27 am

A good bet might be to approach your web host for guidance on how to password-protect a directory on their system / the site you are servicing, and place your PDF in such a protected directory.

If you want to do it, sort of, in Flash, you could set your Actionscript onRelease to ask for a password, and if the input matches the exact string you set then fetch the URL you want (to the PDF). The drawback with this approach is that once anyone has the address to your PDF, then then can go to it directly from outside your Flash app / site / environment, and there's no password protection.

Hope this helps / it worked out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved