FORUMS: list search recent posts

gotoAndPlay not working

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Smith
gotoAndPlay not working
on Jun 22, 2006 at 3:24:35 pm

a feature that I've used so many times in the past is suddenly not working ... a simple button with the script

on (release) {
gotoAndPlay ("mail", 1)
}

suddenly I can't get this to work and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the situation I've set up. The first scene is 5 icons, each a button directing the movie to a different scene. These buttons work fine. The next scene I was working on is animation that takes place when the first icon button is pressed. So scene 2 simply consists of 1 frame with 2 layers, one with a stop(); action on it and the second containing a Flash movie animation that's maybe 100 frames long. At the end of those 100 frames, all 5 icons are presented again with gotoAndPlay buttons assigned to them. But when the button is pressed, instead of leaving the current scene, it simply acts as if it was told to go back to frame 1 of the current animation movie.

Return to posts index

lajoiet
Re: gotoAndPlay not working
on Jun 22, 2006 at 11:56:53 pm

When you put code on or in a movie clip that just sais "gotoAndPlay(whatever)" you're telling it to do that IN the movie clip that the code is on/in. If you want the main timeline to gotoAndPlay something, you have to tell it that:

on (release) {
_root.gotoAndPlay ("mail", 1)
}

>Todd

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]