FORUMS: list search recent posts

flv preloader

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
flv preloader
on Jun 14, 2006 at 2:07:02 am

I'm familiar with creating a preloader that plays after a certain number of frames. But for my project, I'm using an .flv so there is only one frame. So I can't use the condition of if...frame loaded etc. I believe I need a condition such as if...bytesLoaded?

I just need to create a preloader that asks for a certain number of bytes loaded before playing. Any help...actionscript example?

Return to posts index

Re: flv preloader
on Jun 14, 2006 at 3:45:33 am

With FLVs you have a buffer, which you can set for a certain amount of time to store in the buffer. The video will start to play as soon as the buffer is full, and it will pause if the download stream can't keep up and the buffer gets depleted durning playback. You can also have events that can run when certian things happen with the buffer, such as when the buffer is full (and video starts playing). So what is generally done is a clip is placed over the video object that shows a buffering message, and once the buffer is full, you turn the _visibility of the buffer clip to false (so it's invisible, and you see the video play).

If you're using the NetStream method of playing FLV files, you can check out Lee Brimelow's tutorials here on the Cow. Part 6 covers buffering.

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved