FORUMS: list search recent posts

Custom FLV-player playback problem

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Custom FLV-player playback problem
on Jun 5, 2006 at 7:30:58 am

I make my own FLV-player to have more control over the graphics. I've now runned into a problem I can't find a solution to:

Since the FLV-files is loaded from a server and can have various widths and heights, I use this function to set the width
and height of the Video object (I''ve called it: "obj_video"):

ns_videostrom.onStatus = function(infoObject:Object) {
switch (infoObject.code) {
case 'NetStream.Buffer.Full':
obj_video._width = obj_video.width;
obj_video._height = obj_video.height;

The problem with this is that it takes a second or so before the width and heights are set and then I have no video, only audio.
So what I want to do is to pause the the video on the first frame until every parameter is set.

Does anybody here have a solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Re: Custom FLV-player playback problem
on Jun 5, 2006 at 12:04:37 pm

We were discussing this sort of thing on another forum recently and different people were having different rates of sucess pausing videos as soon as the NetStream was connected. The people who were successful simply put "ns.pause();" directly after the ""Sample.flv");" code, then after your resize, just put "ns.pause();" again to start your video playing.

For some users, the video would connect and play for a bit over 1/2 second before it stopped however, and we never figured out quite why.

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

Re: Custom FLV-player playback problem
on Jun 8, 2006 at 2:41:07 pm

Thanks for your answer lajoiet!

And sorry for my late respond.

I still havent found any good solution for this problem. I've tried what you suggested, but it didn't work out as I hoped. Could you please post the link to the other forum you discussed this subject? I would appriciate all the information I can get about this subject.

thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved