FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash to Quicktime???

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcowcow
Digi-Cutter
Flash to Quicktime???
on May 31, 2006 at 9:02:40 am

Hi Guys, I'm not a Flash guy I'm just an Editor but my Producer is asking me to figure out something in Flash. (go figure)

She has a Flash file that she wants to use in a presentation via Projector.

What would be the best way to go about doing this???

I was thinking if there was a way to export it to quicktime and project off of that.

Any ideas?

Much Thanks,

Paul

Return to posts index

cowcowcow
lajoiet
Re: Flash to Quicktime???
on May 31, 2006 at 10:32:18 am

You can publish a flash file to a Flash Projector, which will give you a stand alone program file which will run on any computer even if it doesn't have FLash or the Flash plugin installed.

>Todd

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

Digi-Cutter
on Jun 1, 2006 at 1:33:52 am

thanks Todd, thing is they are needing to get it on a DVD w/other QT's as part of a bigger presentation. Is there any way to do that?

another guy here is telling me there are issues exporting QT's out of Flash 8. WTH???

Thanks

-p

Return to posts index

lajoiet
on Jun 1, 2006 at 3:51:44 am

Yes, there are issues with exporting Flash 8, as the quicktime handlers can only handle Flash 5, and you will loose any nested timelines, loaded movie clips, and interactivity along with any features added since Flash 5 like the filters and such.

If you really need quicktime or another video format, I'd suggest either a screen capture program (I often just plug my laptop's S-Video output into our NLE system) or one of the SWF to video applications out there ( I have no experience with them, so I can't recommend one).

>Todd

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]