FORUMS: list search recent posts

Progress bar scrubbing on video tutorial not working correctly

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
graphic43
Progress bar scrubbing on video tutorial not working correctly
on May 9, 2006 at 5:38:20 pm

I am having a problem when I try to drag the playhead to a new location on my video player. The first time a flv file is loaded the playhead scrubbing works great. Subsequent loads of any flv file causes scrubbing to act strangely.

Use this site to help understand what the problem is
http://www.3oh5.com/

step by step:
1. click on "entertainment advertising"
2. move the mouse over "live action tv"
3. click one of the links in the submenu "Dark Water" or something else
4. let video load and then click and drag the playhead around. (This should function correctly and the way I want it to function)
5. now click on another submenu link like "The Great Raid" or another video clip
6. let the video load and then click and drag the playhead. (The playhead now seems to drift away from the mouse x postiong)

I've taken this directly from the goto and learn video player tutorials. Is it possible that an interval needs to be cleared before loading the second video?
Do I need to close the Net stream object before loading another flv? I'm really confused as to why this is happening.

Any help / ideas on what may be causing the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

Return to posts index

lajoiet
Re: Progress bar scrubbing on video tutorial not working correctly
on May 9, 2006 at 6:18:28 pm

I'm not 100% positive, because I haven't seen your code, but I'm willing to bet that you did it EXACTLY the way Lee shows in his video tutorial. A little while after Lee did that tutorial, he posted on his blog that some people were experiencing funky behavior with their scrubber/progress bars caused by the use of 2 intervals like he did it. The problem doesn't seem to happen for everyone, but the solution he devised works just as well as the original way, so it's a good idea to learn it instead. It uses empty movie clips and onEnterFrame functions to run the scrubber/progres functions rather than the intervals.

You can find Lee's full explanation with his modified code here:

http://www.theflashblog.com/?p=5

Again, it's just a guess, but I'll bet a beer that it will fix your problem.

VERY nice site by the way!!!!

>Todd

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

graphic43
Re: Progress bar scrubbing on video tutorial not working correctly
on May 9, 2006 at 6:37:45 pm

Thanks so much for the help. I'll test it out tonight. It does seem like this could be the issue.

Rob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]