FORUMS: list search recent posts

UI Components

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
FiftyEight
UI Components
on May 8, 2006 at 8:06:52 pm

Hey,

I'm new to flash, and I want to make use of a scroll bar. I know flashMX comes with a UI Component that is a scroll bar that you can snap on and use. And I could swear I've used it before. But I can't find it under UI Components

Should it not be there somewhere? How do I get it back?

Return to posts index

Mike_S
Re: UI Components
on May 9, 2006 at 2:07:59 pm

Um, are we missing something here ..? If you scroll on down, don't you get to, next, Tree, then UIScrollBar ..?

Return to posts index

FiftyEight
on May 9, 2006 at 3:20:59 pm

Ya, I keep asking myself that... I am like 99.9% sure I remember using it... and yet I cant find it. I scrolled down a bit for ya.

Return to posts index

Mike_S
on May 9, 2006 at 5:14:15 pm

Tough one. What version are you running?

On Flash 8 Pro, it lists here under tree as UIScrollbar.

I've reopened a version of Flash MX to check, and it looks like this here ... and it lists in Flash UI components.

I never had MX 2004, but found this http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_19417 which may contain a clue - some versions of MX2004 shipped without the scrollbar component.

Note: Macromedia Flash MX 2004 did not originally ship with a Scroll Bar component. The Scroll Bar component available with the update is version 2, but works in the same manner as the version 1 Scroll Bar component available in Flash MX.

Return to posts index

FiftyEight
on May 10, 2006 at 8:27:58 pm

I downloaded Flash8 from macromedia... I'm set for 30 days now... after that I better find some money O_o

Return to posts index

Mike_S
on May 11, 2006 at 10:10:45 am

If you don't want to cough for Flash8 (and a lot of the goodies to my mind were video-oriented and in the even-costlier Flash8 Pro) isn't the FlashMX2004 7.2 version available as a free update from the Flash download area? It's a massive file - but should include the scrollbar along with other fixes, I think .. !

http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/downloads.html

Return to posts index

FiftyEight
on May 11, 2006 at 6:15:21 pm

Hey Mike, I have another question about this UIScrollbar... I was going to post a new question but thought you might be able to help me. (I'm using flash 8 now... after the 30days I might do the download but I kinda like the undo objects feature) Anyway so every tutorial I find on the web make dropping in a scroll bar seem soooooo easy. Make a text box, make it multiline and dynamic, go over to the components, grab the scrollbar and drag and drop it onto the stage and then it just works.... it doesn't work for me... what am I missing? Is there a setting or something?

Return to posts index

Mike_S
on May 12, 2006 at 8:32:56 am

Do you have snap to object selected from view / snapping - if not, does this fix the problem ?

The Scroll Bar component available with the version 7.2 update to Macromedia Flash MX 2004 may not appear to work if the Snap to Object option in Flash is not enabled.

Note: Macromedia Flash MX 2004 did not originally ship with a Scroll Bar component. The Scroll Bar component available with the update is version 2, but works in the same manner as the version 1 Scroll Bar component available in Flash MX.

Solution
To enable Snap to Object:

Open a new file in Flash MX 2004.
Select View > Snapping > Snap to Objects to enable Snap to Objects. You should see a check mark to indicate the setting.
Save the file.

from http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_19417

Return to posts index

FiftyEight
on May 12, 2006 at 10:49:02 pm

Ya I had the snap to objects selected... it wouldn't work though... but I did get it... I'm not sure but I think it may have been that it was an MX 2004 file that I was using in Flash 8 because once I saved it as a Flash8 file it snapped on just fine. Thanks again for all the help! :D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]