FORUMS: list search recent posts

help with swf videos/flv

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sbparke
help with swf videos/flv
on May 5, 2006 at 7:24:25 pm

I'm trying to make a flash website that will have some imported video/animation in it. The animation was created in aftereffects. I am trying to stay away from flv's so that this will work in flash player 6, but I'm not sure what the best way to go about doing this is. I've tried taking a quicktime of the video (2 minutes long, about 40mbs) and importing it to the timeline in flash and end up with a swf thats way to large (20mbs). The swf looks good, but is just too large for the internet.

I've also tried making flv's (about 20mbs) that progressively download, and they work ok, but still aren't quite loading quickly enough and dont' look as good as the swf's. plus it requires flash player 7.

i'd appreciate any handy tips that might help. i feel like i've tried a ton of things and nothing seems to give me the results i need. thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

lajoiet
Re: help with swf videos/flv
on May 5, 2006 at 7:49:18 pm

This is one of those situations where you can have it good, fast, or universal, pick 2. It sounds like you tried most of the relavent combinations, but if it looks good, it's too large to download fast or won't play in older players (but IMO Flash 7 isn't too old...) The only thing I can think of that you didn't try was exporting it as an image sequence and importing the image sequence into Flash. Then you wouldn't have the FLV compatability concern, and it should look great, but it will be large and slow to download.

>Todd

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]