FORUMS: list search recent posts

adding a stroke to a bitmap

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adding a stroke to a bitmap
on May 4, 2006 at 10:23:31 am

Im trying to follow the scrolling thumbnail panel tutorial. At a certain point (in the beginning) you have to add a stroke in a new layer on the over action of the buttons.
I can't seem to get it done. Can someone explain me in easy to follow steps (I'm a fresh n00b).
Also, i've imported jpegs to act as my scrolling thumbnails. does that has anything to do with it?

Return to posts index

Re: adding a stroke to a bitmap
on May 4, 2006 at 12:58:57 pm

When you make the mask (which should just be a box)for the panel, make the shape with a stroke (to make it easy, since the mask isn't seen, you can make the fill grey and the stroke black). After the shape is done, double-click on the stroke ( this will select the stroke all the way around the object) and hit f8 to make it a movie clip and give it a name of "stroke". Then right click on either the stroke or the fill and select "Distribute to layers". This will put the stroke on a different layer than the fill. Turn the layer the fill is on to a masking layer with the panel below it as a masked layer, and have the stroke on the layer above the mask. Also be sure that the stroke has an instance name of stroke in the properties panel.

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved