FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help! How Do I Do This?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vance Allen
Help! How Do I Do This?
on May 2, 2006 at 7:51:41 pm

I have a QuickTime movie file that I will be encoding with the Flash Video Encoder. I want to bring the .flv file into my Flash 8 project to play as an intro in Scene 1. As soon as the movie finishes I want to jump to Scene 2 which is the main body of the website. How do I program this to occur? What script do I use? Where do I place it? I am lost. Any help would be appreciated.

Van

Return to posts index

lajoiet
Re: Help! How Do I Do This?
on May 3, 2006 at 10:13:01 am

Are you using the FLV Playback component or the netSream method to play it (becasue the code is different depending on which way you do it)?

>Todd

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

Vance Allen
on May 3, 2006 at 4:21:40 pm

Todd:

Thanks for responding.

I'm not sure which way to go. Probably the FLV playback component. It's simply a 10 second animation made in After Effects that I want to play as the intro to a website, then jump into the site itself. I'm pretty useless at programming so please tailor your instructions accordingly.

Thanks.

Vance

Return to posts index

lajoiet
on May 3, 2006 at 4:36:45 pm

using the FLV playback component you need to set up a listener object and have it watch for the "complete" message. You can find a clear explanation in the Flash Help files, just search for "FLVPlayback.addEventListener()" in the Components Language Reference Book. (not that I don't want to explain it, but the code doesn't post well here so to avoid confusion read that. I you still need help Post back with where you got to and we'll go from there...)

>Todd

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]