FORUMS: list search recent posts

New to Flash

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
New to Flash
on Apr 27, 2006 at 12:47:12 pm

I wish there were a beginners' flash forum, because I have a feeling I'l have some dumb questions for y'all in the next few months. I mainly work in After Effects and am getting started in Flash mainly for the vector-based stuff. Does anyone know of a good tutorial or site that gives an intro to flash? (I seriously have no idea what I'm doing in this program.)
Thanks in advance,

Travis Johnson
Milan, Italy

Return to posts index

Matt Klundt
Re: New to Flash
on Apr 27, 2006 at 3:31:09 pm

I taught myself flash using the tutorials that come with it in the help section.

Franklin McMahon has done some Flash tutorials of the new features to Flash 8.
Flashkit has many user submitted tutorials and movies to look at that are searchable. Helpful to get right to what you want to be doing with Flash.

Return to posts index

Re: New to Flash
on Apr 27, 2006 at 7:15:40 pm

I'll agree with the tutorials that come with Flash. I think they are often overlooked, and while they may take some time to go through and not necessarilly show you how to do something you think you'll need to do, it will show you how to do things in general and give you the background on the concepts that operate behind Flash applications.

Another thing is that the help files often have GREAT examples of how to do things, if you can get used to finding things in there and follow through what they are explaining, you will learn a LOT. You won't necessarily find a block of code that you can cut and paste into your file and have it work, but by figuring out how to integrate it into your needs you will learn 10 times more than you planned.

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved