FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash Animation over Live Video Workflow?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ric shellhammer
Flash Animation over Live Video Workflow?
on Apr 21, 2006 at 10:19:21 pm

I have a client who delivers instructional content via Flash based CBT(web). In a normal workflow we produce the video modules, they compress and insert into the instruction. What we'd like to do is add a Flash based character to live action video. Will Flash allow full screen video with alpha channel export that can be composited in FCP? Or do I need to give the animator live action background to be composited wtihin Flash, then exported as full frame video for insertion into the edited program?

thanks for any help

Ric Shellhammer
Pegasus Productions

Return to posts index

GeoffT
Re: Flash Animation over Live Video Workflow?
on Apr 22, 2006 at 4:33:18 am

What kind of animation are you talking about - motion graphics or something that the end user is going to interact with? If the former, the flash animation can be "exported" (not published) to Quicktime Movie and imported into FC. I just did this last week and had best results with the "Animation" option (vs. DV/NTSC which was what I had the Sequence set to).

If the latter, you can compress the video from FC as an FLV and use the media player component in Flash, then play any graphics over the top of it. This is assuming you are delivering the final as an SWF.

Geoff

"The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know."

Return to posts index

ric shellhammer
Re: Flash Animation over Live Video Workflow?
on Apr 22, 2006 at 3:27:05 pm

It's a character animated over live video, which means the export needs the alpha channel. I experimented with this last year but couldn't get the alpha to show up when brought into FCP. There's no need for interactivity.

ric

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]