FORUMS: list search recent posts

.flv streaming issue

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
burnett
.flv streaming issue
on Apr 20, 2006 at 3:52:20 pm

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with streaming .flv files. I've encoded a batch of .flv files for a client, and someone else has built a player for them. The work fine most of the time, but occasionally they will stop in mid-stream. Usually it's a bandwidth issue, and after buffering, the file will continue playing. But sometimes the file just hangs, you get the 'buffering' message forever. It's very inconsistant though, we can't reliably duplicate the problem.

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this problem. The player and .flv files were made with MX2004, would the Flash 8 player cause this? Would re-encoding and building a new player in Flash 8 solve this?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

thanks,

sandy

Return to posts index

GeoffT
Re: .flv streaming issue
on Apr 22, 2006 at 4:46:47 am

Not exaclty sure, but being that you are combining MX and 8, keep in mind that Macromedia added the On2VP6 codec in 8 (Sorenson in MX and 8). have you tried compressing with both codecs and compare as a test?

I did have issues with FLV's with a client's server - they wanted to deliver on a Citrix system, but Citrix could not handle the bandwidth. Not sure what system you are trying to deliver on, but that is also something to consider.

Geoff

"The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]