FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Flash Advice

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Garrett
Need Flash Advice
on Apr 19, 2006 at 3:01:12 pm

I am going to be creating a presentation that consists of power point slides and video that I will be playing back off a computer with vga output to a 42'' plasma. I was wondering if Flash 8 is the way to put this presentation together. I know that if I use Final Cut to put this together the graphics will look terrible. Does Flash allow you to keep graphics in their native resolution? And will the videos look good through Flash?
Thanks,
Bg

Return to posts index

Mike_S
Re: Need Flash Advice
on Apr 19, 2006 at 4:47:50 pm

If you have Powerpoint slides and video, why would you need Flash at all? You can run it all out of Powerpoint.

With Flash you can set your graphics to the display resolution of your playback computer, which will determine the quality of images sent to the plasma screen. Powerpoint the same. Flash video can look very good, but not necessarily as good as mpeg2 / dvd quality video, which you could launch from Powerpoint (and create in FCP if needed. FCP is really for editing video, not for creating presentations. It can make you great video.)

Otherwise Open Office has quite a nice Powerpoint-style presentation program which will allow output as Flash / SWF files ...

Return to posts index

Brent Garrett
on Apr 19, 2006 at 8:40:06 pm

Thanks Mike,
Power Point is probably the way to go. The client is now requesting that they have scrolling credits on this presentation. Also I forgot to add that the plasma is going to be hung in a vertical fashhion. Would Final Cut be a better option. The pictures won't look as good but I could get the text to smoothly scroll in FCP.
Thanks,
Bg

Return to posts index

GeoffT
on Apr 22, 2006 at 4:57:52 am

Yes and yes. And you can use the slides layout in Flash (vs. timelne) to assist in your presentation workflow.

Another thought - you can also use DVD Studio Pro and run your presentation from DVD. Just a thought (I haven't actually done this but know it's possible).

Geoff

"The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]