FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export order for Flash movies

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David May
Export order for Flash movies
on Apr 17, 2006 at 2:47:27 pm

I am having trouble figuring out how flash exports different library objects in flash movies. I want my preloader to start from <10% every time the movie loads. For example:

lets say i have a pre-loader on frames 1 and 2 with objects totaling 40kb (35kb for some loading graphic/5kb for the progress bar). The rest of my movie consists of another 40kb. What happens is the preloader always starts at 50% because 50% of my movie is loaded when the first frame can finally be displayed.

i have played with export in first frame, but that is the opposite of what i want. Is there any way to have flash download/display that loadbar (which totals <10% of my data) before any of the other data? Or am i stuck using only dynamic text on the first frame to assure it loads quickly/first.

Thanks for any help you may have

Return to posts index

David May
Re: Export order for Flash movies
on Apr 17, 2006 at 2:54:56 pm

I guess i could always "Force" flash to load objects in the order i want by adding script every 2 frames to control the progess of the load.

for example:

frames 1-2: load just the bar. tell flash to go to frame 3 when that 'loadbar' is finished downloaded (>5kb total)
frames 3-4: load the other loading graphic, tell flash to go to the main menu when the rest is loaded (>40kb total)

usually this is only a problem for dial-up users. i just want to be complete. still it seems like there would be an easier way.

Return to posts index

Matt Klundt
on Apr 17, 2006 at 2:57:27 pm

Your preloader will display when all information for it is downloaded. If your preloader is 40kb and the rest of the movie is 40kb, then you will always have 50% loaded before the preloader displays.

You could do a couple things:
Perhaps your 35kb graphic can be cut from your preloader, or have a vector (or simpler if it is already vector) graphic on your preloading frames.
Or two preloaders, the first one without the graphic. Then a second preloader with the loading graphic.

Matt
--------------------
http://www.mcquillendesign.com
http://www.mattfoxgames.com

Return to posts index

Mike_S
on Apr 17, 2006 at 3:29:09 pm

Or you could modify your preloader script so that 50% loaded puts the bar at nothing (or displays %loaded-50% if it's numerical) , and on up ..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]