FORUMS: list search recent posts

flash video & button stress..

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
arne lampe
flash video & button stress..
on Mar 28, 2006 at 7:56:57 pm

Hello,

For a big client our team is working on a project that is causing a bit of a pain. I'm no expert myself, but I'll try to explain it.

The idea is to show a goal in a soccer stadium, with the seats behind it. Around the goal we have the signs for sponsors. If you click one of those signs, a company video will play in the goal. To get more sponsors, the idea is to switch these signs (as they do in real games) and show a new sponsor. Let the signs change is not that hard, nor is playing the video if you click on one, but to assign "video 1" if the sign has "sponsor 1" on it, and play "video2" if the sign has "sponsor 2" on it, is quite hard to figure out.

Does anyone has any idea how this can be done? I would be very gratefull, we are losing too much sleep over this...:)

Thanks for your tips!

Best,

Arne

Return to posts index

lajoiet
Re: flash video & button stress..
on Mar 28, 2006 at 8:38:43 pm

You could set up XML file that had variables for the billoard image file name and the video file name. Assign them to arrays and then use the index numbers to load the images into the billboards, keeping track of which index number is loaded into the billboard. Then when the billboard is clicked, you just need to pull the index number that is displayed in that movie clip, and give the netstream the video name array with the same index number.

>Todd

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]