FORUMS: list search recent posts

Printable Flash Form

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Battle
Printable Flash Form
on Mar 27, 2006 at 6:19:17 pm

Good day,

I am managing an online class and would like to offer students a completion certificate. I am an intermediate Flash MX user and I'm trying to plan for a process where a certificate can be automatically:

1. generated (with student's name from our DB)
2. viewed
3. printed (at user's request)
4. *if possible, downloaded in a viewable format (i.e. pdf)

I am fairly comfortable completing steps 1-3 with Flash, but thought it would be helpful to get some feedback to see if I am using the best tools/processes for this. I have no experience printing from a Flash file.

Look forward to any suggestions people have.

Cheers,

Paul

Return to posts index

lajoiet
Re: Printable Flash Form
on Mar 28, 2006 at 6:54:39 pm

I believe everything you're asking for EXCEPT for the downloadable PDF can be done in Flash, but Flash cannot on it's own create PDF Files, so there is no way to dynamically add the name to a PDF of the certificate.

That said, it is extreemly difficult to understand printing in Flash MX based on the help files. I did it once, and remember going through all kinds of explantions that never seemed to work. I finally got it working by creating a movie clip with the layout that I wanted to print out (mine had no dynamic content, you'll need to get your name from your database and get it on the layout movie clip),named "Answer_Sheet" with a frame labeled "#p" (no quotes...) and a print button with the code:

printButton.onRelease = function (){
print(Answer_Sheet,"bframe");
};

and it worked.

Flash 8 has greatly improved it's printing features, so if you can upgrade, you'll save yourself a world of headaches, and probably several hours of trial and error.

>Todd

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]