FORUMS: list search recent posts

flv video question

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
flv video question
on Mar 20, 2006 at 3:40:59 pm

OK. I will try to explain myself as best as I can. I might need to send you guys the actual file so you can understand me better.

I am tring to control my flv files with embedded cue points and cue point actionscripts. On my scene 1 timeline I have a flv movie playing on the first frame as a background for my .swf file. I am using actionscript to control it. I am using the "var new object" method with if conditions to control the flv. Now I can get this movie to work with no problem. I have this "main flv" looping from 1 cue point to another and I have a movie clip appearing when 1 of my embedded cue points are reached. No problem.

Now this movie clip I have triggered from the "main flv" has 4 flv videos inside. I am triggering 3 of the movie clips with play buttons using actionscript. No problem.

I have another video on frame 10 of this movie clip that I want to trigger an action when 1 of my embedded cue points or action script cue points is reached. The video plays with no problem, but the cue points do not work. I have tried copying the same action script that I used for the "main flv". and modified it with a new object and listener. No luck.

My question is how do I trigger embedded cue points and action script cue points with flv videos that are in movie clips nested inside of movie clips?
Where do I put the action script? Do I put it on the scene 1 or do I put it in the movie clip where the flv resides.

I followed the action scripts methods that Lee shows in his flash integrated video cue point tuts at to get the "main flv" to work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved