I have a shape, a rectangle that I drew on my stage with a thin line border. I deleted the border, but now I decided that I'd like to add the border back. When I go to click on border - it gives the red slanted line symbol for no border. When I click on that and then click on a swatch, it just defaults back to the red line - meaning no border.
Is there a way to simply re-add the border without having to redraw the shape from scratch?
yes, you can add a border to a shape. If you are using flash 8
then follow this.
1) select a shape, which has no border.
2) go to Modify menu and choose Shape
3) from the pop up menu choose Soften Fill Edges...
4) for the Distance enter a number between 1 & 144, it specifies
how much thick the resulting border should be
5) for Number of steps enter a number between 1 & 50, it specifies
in how many parts the shape should be divided, as you want a single
border so enter 2.
6) choose Expand or Inset for the direction.
keep in mind that the border you cannot be treated like a real
border, because it is also a shape.