FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any way to suspend mouse clicks?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lajoiet
Any way to suspend mouse clicks?
on Mar 2, 2006 at 7:22:21 pm

I've got a series of animations that happen after a user clicks on one of several buttons, and I'd like to have it set up so that after they click a button they cannot click on another one until the animation is complete. Is there any way to suspend the mouse click for ALL objects without going through and disabling every single movie clip and button? Ideally after clicking on a button, you couldn't click on anything else for about 1.5 seconds.

Depending on which button is pressed, a number of different things get loaded, but if you press another button in the middle of the animation things go haywire, stuff gets loaded and won't unload, some of the holders will have 2 things loaded into them, stuff that fades in then won't fade out, stuff that's supposed to fade in doesn't, and after things settle down there are even bigger problems, it's remarkable how screwed up it can get.

>Todd

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

Sher Ali
Re: Any way to suspend mouse clicks?
on Mar 3, 2006 at 12:42:59 pm

create an array representing all the button instances, and whenever a button is clicked, disable all the buttons except the clicked button, and when the contents are fully loaded enable previously disabled button. If you want to enable the buttons after 1.5 seconds then you can set a timer for this purpose.

Return to posts index

lajoiet
Re: Any way to suspend mouse clicks?
on Mar 4, 2006 at 12:38:20 pm

Hadn't thought of that!!!!

Thanks Sher!

>Todd

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]