FORUMS: list search recent posts

New plugin brings 3D to Flash!

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
blambore
New plugin brings 3D to Flash!
on Feb 22, 2006 at 3:08:54 am

If you want to bring realistic 3D motion and perspective to your Flash compositions, checkout the new 4G Software 3DCam plugin!

There is also a short video tutorial showing how to use it.

http://www.4gsw.com

Return to posts index

LeeBrimelow
Re: New plugin brings 3D to Flash!
on Feb 22, 2006 at 3:34:52 am

Cool I'll check it out thanks. Although the next version of AE and Flash will likely share 3D support. Let's hope nayway :-)

Return to posts index

Chris Figat
on Feb 22, 2006 at 3:06:09 pm

It sort of looks like it could do something similar to 3D layers in After Effects if used correctly...although to be honest the demo animation is pretty bad and really doesn't show anything that couldn't be done with scaling.

chris

Return to posts index

blambore
on Feb 22, 2006 at 5:02:58 pm

True, the demo isn't great. But the tool works really well.

I find that getting correct perspective with scaling is very difficult to achieve on anything slightly complex, especially when you have multiple objects interracting with each others. This tool makes it really easy.

The ability to move the camera around is also great: Setup your scene and place a few keyframes on the camera... Couldn't be easier.

Return to posts index

Chris Figat
on Feb 22, 2006 at 6:47:56 pm

If you had an example that showed something requiring true perspective it might help, like a road or building or something similar.

If there was a demo available I'd try it out, but unless I happened to have a project requiring a lot of one-point perspective work (as it seems to primarly just work one the one axis from what I can tell) I don't see myself using it much.

chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]