FORUMS: list search recent posts

help creating an animation into a swf

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sbparke
help creating an animation into a swf
on Feb 8, 2006 at 5:58:27 pm

I created an animation in aftereffects, about 2 minutes long, and the client needs a swf and an exe created out of it. I need help with any tricks or settings to get somethign that will look pretty good, play full screen off a person's pc (not through web) and keep in synch with the audio. Right now i'm just importing a wmv, pretty high quality (at least for a wmv) and messing with the import settings. right now the video isn't looking all that great and the audio isn't staying in synch. Any suggestions would be great. i'm using flash 8. Would i be better off creating a flv straight from aftereffects then bringing that into flash?

thanks in advance

Return to posts index

lajoiet
Re: help creating an animation into a swf
on Feb 8, 2006 at 8:24:10 pm

Yes, for a 2 minute video you would be MUCH better off using the FLV format and linking a player flash file to the external FLV and progressively downloading it.

I'm not sure about AE's ability to export as an FLV, but I'm sure you could export it as a DV Stream or uncompressed AVI and then run it through the Macromedia Flash 8 Video Encoder that installs with Flash 8.

If you need any help setting up a flash file to play the FLV file, just check out Lee's tutorials at http://www.gotoandlearn.com. Start at the bottom with Flash Video Basics Part 1 and work your way up.

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

sbparke
Re: help creating an animation into a swf
on Feb 8, 2006 at 10:12:08 pm

hey thanks for the reply, i already decided to test out the flv's and they definitely eliminated the audio synching problem and i can get the quality fairly decent. unfortunately file size is still kind of large, but i expceted that. anyways, thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]