FORUMS: list search recent posts

FLVPlayback Skin Seek Bar

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mprzybylski
FLVPlayback Skin Seek Bar
on Feb 8, 2006 at 5:29:20 am

Hello,
I made a skin for the FLVPlayback component but the seek bar, after editing it, just stretches across the whole buffer bar rather than following the little arrow. I just changed the color of the seek bar. I also noticed that all the Macromedia premade skins have this problem, where they dont show a color following the arrow rather the seek bar stretches the whole way (i want something like a progress bar following the arrow with a different color than the full seek bar). Any ideas on how I can achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

lajoiet
Re: FLVPlayback Skin Seek Bar
on Feb 8, 2006 at 1:20:56 pm

I think the bar you're referring to is actually the bar that indicates how much of the file has been downloaded. If you're running the FLV from your hard drive, it will load so fast that you never see the progress bar move, but once you are pulling your FLV from the web, you will see how it takes some time to move across the field.

If this is true, what you're looking for is another, separate progress bar, which would be rather simple to make, although I'm not to sure about incorporating it into the FLV Player component since I've never used it. If you were using Lee's method of playing FLVs from http://www.gotoandlearn.com all you would need to do is put a new bar in the player, lock it to the beginning of the progress bar area, and in both the videoStatus and ScrubIt functions, update it's width to match the scrubber bar.

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]