FORUMS: list search recent posts

Relative Paths and Directories

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pablo47
Relative Paths and Directories
on Feb 5, 2006 at 8:35:18 pm

Okay, I'm sure there's a quick and dirty fix for this..and in fact, that's all I'm looking for. I'm using Flash to dynamically load data (in this case a path to an flv), from an XML file. I'm also using a customizable interface that auto generates the XML nodes. In order to provide the relative path to the flv, I have placed an input box in this interface. To get this, you'll need to know the hierarchy of the folders (the real issue here):

Master Architecture Folder/Lesson/SWFs (where swf's are stored)
Lesson (where XML file is stored)
Lesson/Media (where flv's are stored)

The Issue: At the point where I want to load the flv path in the SWF, the Master Folder is being seen as the root. The problem with this is that all other associated files are seeing the Lesson folder (where the XML file is), as the root folder. So when I use the new input box and browse to the location of the flv, the path is incomplete.

It sees this: "media/flv/myclip.flv", when it should see this: "Lesson/media/flv/myclip.flv".

So the question is, how can I have the full path entered without having to manually type in "Lesson' everytime I want to set the flv path? At first, let's assume that the flv file CANNOT be moved to another location.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]