FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Jukebox

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
N8tracks
Video Jukebox
on Jan 18, 2006 at 7:32:29 am

hey folks, its been a while since Ive been stuck in a quandry. But I am confident the artists of "The Cow" can help. so here we go...

I am using the FLVPlayback Behaviors to play multiple videos. The Behaviors preset "Set Videos" allows up to 7 videos to play order, For the most part this works (tho at times a video will be not found and it stops the sequence entirely). But the real problems is the videos all download simultaneously. This causes they first video or 2 to stop and buffer multiple times.

I need to create an xml playlist that will play videos in sequence, and more importantly, download in sequence.

is this possible?

Thanks for your help
N8

Return to posts index

Infected Cell
Re: Video Jukebox
on Jan 18, 2006 at 2:51:52 pm

Hi,

just create your XML file with all your movies

create Action Script which allows you to get information of your movie form your XML file....

Regards,

Best regards,
Alexey Kharitonov.
http://www.infectedcell.com
mailto:contact@infectedcell.com

Return to posts index

N8tracks
on Jan 18, 2006 at 6:10:52 pm

I know how to create an xml playlist. what I need is the function or litseners to make the videos download in sequence or when the previous file is finished. and the them player to auto-advance.

Return to posts index

lajoiet
on Jan 18, 2006 at 8:55:03 pm

Have you brought the XML playlist into flash and populated an array with it?

If so the all you would have to do is set up one netconnection and one netstream, feed the netstream the first video in the array and set up a listener for the netstreams .onStatus event handler looking for "netStream.Play.Stop", and once it gets that, run the next video in the array.

This might also solve the problem of it stoping when it can't find the FLV file as you could set it up to watch for "NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound" which is the error message that onStatus will give if the FLV path is not valid.

Return to posts index

N8tracks
on Jan 20, 2006 at 10:36:36 pm

I have the xml playlist working. what is the action script for making the next video play? and then loop after the last video?

Return to posts index

felle875
on Jan 26, 2006 at 5:50:01 pm

Hi N8, i have the same problem,
and i am wondering if you would help me,
maybe post som example code. I wish to play some flv
movies in a sequence using FLVPlayback and be able to klick a button to start next.

Thanks in advance.

Felle

Return to posts index

lajoiet
on Jan 26, 2006 at 5:57:31 pm

Read through this and see if it answers anything for you:

http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?univpostid=856911&f...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]