FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playing one movie after another in the timeline...

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Damon Hoydysh
Playing one movie after another in the timeline...
on Jan 14, 2006 at 5:42:43 pm

I have several animations - each is a separate movie. On layer 1 is my background which fades in. Then on layer 2 I have my movies - which are individual animations. What I want to do is when the playhead reaches the first frame with a movie (frame 5), I want that movie to play, then go on to the next frame, play the movie in frame 6, then go onto the next frame and so forth.

When I use the next frame command, it skips the current frame.

I have a stop action on the last frame of each movie clip, within the movie. I have tried the next frame command yet I cannot get each movie to play though and then move on to the next frame sequentially.

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Damon Hoydysh
http://www.comicdisobedience.com
damon@highlinestudios.com

Return to posts index

lajoiet
Re: Playing one movie after another in the timeline...
on Jan 14, 2006 at 11:10:16 pm

All you need to do is stop the main timeline on your first movie (frame 5) and instead of having a stop action at the end of each animation (assuming that your animations are only on one frame each) you just need:

_root.nextFrame();

on the last frame of each animation. The "_root" is referring to the main timeline, so this is how your animations can address the main timeline and "nextFrame" movest the playhead to the next frame and stops, so there is no need for sto commands for each frame of the main timeline.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]