FORUMS: list search recent posts

2 good flash questions! - Flash expertise needed!

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
2 good flash questions! - Flash expertise needed!
on Dec 27, 2005 at 2:00:28 am

Thanks in advance for any perspective and time spent answering these questions!

1 - Can most users watch 2 flash movies at once? We are exploring the idea of using one stream (progressive download) with the alpha channel and have heard that this is more demanding to playback. Any personal experience with the demands of transparency / Alpha channel or playing more than one flash movie on the same page at the same time?

2 - The reason I asked the first question is I'm thinking of building a page where video may play in more than one spot. Horrible Idea or feasible? I'm thinking that it may be better to build the page so only one video can play at a time. (question 1) Is there anyone that could provide a link or info on how to build an instant pause feature? Say for example you have a video playing, but you click on another part of the page to start a different video? The point would be to pause any existing playback in order to start playback of a different clip - the 2nd video clip may open in a different part of the page, so I would want the first one not to disappear, just pause... and if you went back to the first video, then the pause would occur on the 2nd one. Anyone seen this done or have any good avice? MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Return to posts index

Re: 2 good flash questions! - Flash expertise needed! - Please?
on Dec 31, 2005 at 10:36:28 pm

I guess the questions must not have been that good... :(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved