FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP - Flash 8 and preserving alpha channels

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shanti
FCP - Flash 8 and preserving alpha channels
on Dec 24, 2005 at 3:54:26 pm

Hi

I have keyed out a green screen in some video with FCP. I exported it using the new FLV codec that comes with Flash 8 (yes, I checked the 'preserve alpha channel' box while exporting). When I import the video into Flash 8 its does not preserve the transparency. Has anyone ever done this before? If so, what's the big trick?

Thanks in advance

Shanti

Return to posts index

mattkapp
Re: FCP - Flash 8 and preserving alpha channels
on Mar 7, 2006 at 5:20:01 pm

I to am looking for a way to do this. So far my only solution has been to edit the footage in FCP, export to Motion 2 and key there and then export the file in the Animation codec. This allows for the FLV compression that ships with Flash 8 to preserve the alpha channel from Motion, but the key in Motion looks ugly.

I would like to be able to export my key right out of FCP, preserving the Alpha channel (with the Animation codec) and have Flash's FLV compressor convert it to an flv that will maintain its alpha channel.

please?

Return to posts index

GeoffT
on Mar 8, 2006 at 5:25:25 am

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you actually have to use a filter to create and alpha channel (I don't think color keying out the green is actually creating a "preserved" alpha channel). I mention this because I know that Boris, for example, has an alpha channel filter that creates an alpha channel, which is separate from the color key.

Maybe ask on the FCP board, or run a search there for "creating alpha channel."

Geoff

"The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know."

Return to posts index

GeoffT
on Mar 8, 2006 at 5:34:58 am

I just coincidentally stumbled across a tutorial at Adobe Motion Design Center titled "After Effects and Flash: Embedding Alpha Channels"

You might learn something there...

Geoff

"The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]