FORUMS: list search recent posts

FLV stop stream

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
FLV stop stream
on Dec 23, 2005 at 11:45:49 am

I've been building a video application using Lee's brilliant tutorials.
Is there a way of stopping the FLV streaming automatically, and only begins to stream on hitting the play button?
Also, is there a tutorial in the pipeline for creating the volume slider?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Re: FLV stop stream
on Dec 23, 2005 at 4:29:52 pm

This is a general reply.

1) You can encode the FLV to place in events. When the event hits, you tell the event to "stop" the timeline.

2) You can set up a listerner to watch for a certain condition on the timeline. Like, when the timeline reaches a certain number, or flag. An if statemtent will do what you want here.

Return to posts index

Sher Ali
on Dec 24, 2005 at 11:20:35 am

follow the following thread link

Sher Ali,
Interactive Media Developer

Return to posts index

on Dec 25, 2005 at 2:29:12 am

As a learning experience I used th glimps of sound control Lee gave in the Video Basics Part 8 tutorial (where he shows how to make an audio object and attach the netstream's sound to the audio object, and setting up the mute button to set the volume to 0 or 100) and the information on the scubber bar for the video in Flash Video Basics Parts 4 and 5 (this shows the basics of making a slider bar with the dragging ability and the math to figure out the position in the slide range), and combining them to make the volume slider. It was a fantastic learning experinece that if I can figure it out, almost anyone should. One thing I did to make it easy was made the volume slider exactly 100 pixels long, so I didn't have to do any math to it, just set the volume of the audio object to the _x value of the slider. I also kept the mute button and had it store the value of the volume before setting it to 0 so it could be returned to the same volume when it was clicked again, and the slider also watched for it being slid to 0 volume and changed the mute button to the muted state. If you really can't figure out how to do it, post again and I'll see if I have it with me (I'm on vacation for the next 2 weeks) and I can post the code for you to look at (I can't do tutorials like Lee...)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved