FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can you control Playback Speed of video within Flash? with a slider type deal?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jayse
Can you control Playback Speed of video within Flash? with a slider type deal?
on Dec 5, 2005 at 5:55:57 am

Hello everyone! I've been searching on this for a while. No one seems to have a concrete answer. Any help or suggestions are appreciateD!

The TASK
I have a video/FLV using the standard player component in Flash

I love it - but want to add one thing: The ability to, at the click of a button/slider - control the playback speed. So - my user could play it faster or slower according to his/her preference.

Thanks for ANY help!

// jayse

Ultimate After Effects Video Training CDs

Free Photoshop CS Video Tutorials

Return to posts index

lajoiet
Re: Can you control Playback Speed of video within Flash? with a slider type deal?
on Dec 5, 2005 at 6:57:39 pm

I can't think of any way that that would be possible, but I REALLY like the idea. If anyone figures it out I'd like to know too!!!!

Return to posts index

rene hazekamp
Re: Can you control Playback Speed of video within Flash? with a slider type deal?
on Dec 7, 2005 at 12:34:14 am

if you want to you can, but I don't know an elegant solution.

you can't do this with streaming flv files, but if you embed your video in a .swf file and make a dragable handle that controls setInterval times or (Delta) goto and stop frames you can certainly do this.
though you have to have a pretty good reason to want this feature because it's gonna have a lot of trade offs.
(it'll be slow and impracticle to name a few).

If you haven't figured out how to do it, I'll show you how to do this before the end of this week.
Sorry I'am a bit tired right now

Rene Hazekamp

http://www.renehazekamp.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]