FORUMS: list search recent posts

flash vs PHP

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Markyyyy
flash vs PHP
on Dec 4, 2005 at 11:33:27 pm

I installed PHP5, and the demo version of Flash 8 pro... I have a web site with 5 pages (made in flash) and the client wants to have statistics on the hits of every page... originally it had been done in HTML, and the ASP pages where filling up the ms access database...

since I didn't know how to pass variables from flash to ASP, I decided to do it in PHP... for some reason, sometimes the variables are passed to a certain php page and other times the same code won't go through another php page...

1 - Does somebody know how to pass a variable from flash to ASP.

2 - any reason why this dosen't work...

var page:LoadVars = new LoadVars();
var pageRecd : LoadVars = new LoadVars ();

bla bla bla
on... function...

page.theText = instanceName.text;
page.sendAndLoad ("stats.php",pageRecd);

etc....

thanks

have fun,

Markyyyy

Return to posts index

Sher Ali
Re: flash vs PHP
on Dec 5, 2005 at 7:05:49 am

I would recommend you to follow Lee's latest video tutorial i.e. "Sending email with PHP", in which he shows how to send variables from Flash to PHP and then send variables back from PHP to Flash.

Sher Ali,
Interactive Media Developer

Return to posts index

ghost9
Re: flash vs PHP
on Dec 7, 2005 at 9:42:52 pm

i went through the tutorial and for some reason it wouldn't work. no emails would get sent. My web server has a provider form email asp file that I have gotten emails to go through by changing the php file name in the flash file to the asp file name, but I don't get a response to my flash file and i can't change the reply to address or anything like that. So i'm somewhat in the same boat you are.

What I wanted was to have an email sent to an address that had an autoresponder so people would know the email when through, but without being able to change the reply to address that won't work. I don't know why the php won't send anything.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]